Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Italy and Romance

The other night we were watching Rick Steve's Europe on PBS. It was the episode about Venice. It was too bad that we didn't get to visit Venice while we were in Italy. Next time we will definitely spend some time there. It looked incredibly romantic.

Of course, nothing could beat Firenze (Florence). Here's a picture (below) from our honeymoon last Fall. The moon really did look as big as a pizza pie. That's looking out over the piazza from our hotel room window. Wow.

We strolled the streets after a luxurious dinner, across the cobblestone and around the fountains glowing in the moonlight. The duomo loomed over us, beautifully majestic. Italy is the place to be, to live, to kiss, to create, to make love with eyes, thoughts, art and bodies.

My Eros, my Jason, my gorgeous groom, looked just like one of the statues. I felt like we had just stepped out of the imagination of the masters and on to the streets. I felt very much like Psyche, fluttering down the vias in the light breeze, barely touching the ground in my heels and just hiding my lacy lingerie under my skirt and jacket. Our kisses and touches were magic and our embraces were forevers.

Someday, we'll retire there. Our own Tuscan villa awaits.

No comments: